Sunday, January 11, 2015

small victories

I finished a knitted hat today. I know that doesn't seem like much. A veteran knitter like my daughter-in-law would have finished it in an hour. It took me almost 8 months.  And this hat is full of multiple errors and goofs. But the thing is it is seen a lot of family drama. I started this hat in May when I went to Florida to help take care of my parents. It has seen illness, it has seen death, it has seen the crumbling of lives and then watched them be rebuilt. This little cap has been through my diagnosis, surgeries and treatments. It has been through all the tragedies and crisis our family has lived through this summer and fall.  It is a symbol of the strength of our family, and the weaknesses too. I think often of what we have lost but I want to find the blessings and gifts that loss can give. I am still looking...

Update:  not a bad week after returning to chemo on Monday. Some rough days but better days too. And so we go on...

No comments: