Monday, January 12, 2015

chemo days

This is a picture of some other cancer patients at the local infusion lab. I was here yesterday receiving more toxins in my bloodstream. It is interesting to meet the other cancer patients.  Sometimes I shut it all out and put a movie on the i pad or play with my phone. Other times I try to engage and I can for awhile but as they continue to go over detail after detail of their disease and treatment I tend to start feeling sick.   The chemo nurse just gave me meds so I won't feel sick. I am waiting for the blessed relief of them to kick in. Well this post was a lot longer but some technology went awry and I don't think I have the energy to recreate it. Suffice it to say, chemo days are exhausting but today I feel better.

Oh, I also thought of some blessings (see I am trying).  First the steroids I have to take make all the joints of this old body stop hurting.  Also I have never been closer to my husband or my sister. They are there for me every second of the day.  Crisis breeds intimacy....or something like that. And the support of family and friends has been astounding. What would I do without them? 

My horoscope today said I should use everything and everyone whether I think they are wise or not as a classroom. Ask questions. Use this time to learn.  I'll try.  Of course I have asked why many times but I don't think that's the right question for me.  Maybe I should just try to be an observant student and watch and see what secrets the universe holds for me and those I love. 

No comments: